Friday, March 27, 2009

Publix


This afternoon, I made a quick stop at Publix for some things I needed for dinner. I knew that my cashier had a big personality before I even reached the front of the line....she very kindly (and loudly) offered to spy on a customer's daughter's potential boyfriend. I never did hear if this spying would take place in the grocery store or not.

I got to the front of the line, paid, and was signing the credit card receipt when the following conversation took place:

Cashier: (having just seen my wedding ring) Are you married??!!
Me: Yes. (smiling...because I knew what was coming next.)
Cashier: Are you old enough?
Me: Yes, I'm 23.
Cashier: No you're not. Are you SURE?
Me: Yes.
Cashier: Are you sure??

While shaking her head, she said, "Well, I thought you were 16 or 17, and then I saw your ring and I was like, NO WAY, she's too young...."

Thanks Publix cashier. There's nothing like a little dose of reality at 4:30 in the afternoon.

No comments: