Sunday, March 29, 2009

Out like a lamb?

The beautiful jasmine...we have three vines in the yard and we LOVE it! They are amazing and smell great too.



Shiloh...this is the only picture that I have ever been able to take of her looking directly at the camera. It took about 200 tries.


A picture of Buster. He's the guardian of the backyard, defender against the UPS man.... and really any other car that has a particularly loud engine.

The first blooms of spring are gone....I noticed pulling into my driveway last week that the blooms of our jasmine that lines our fence are almost all gone. My camillas aren't blooming any more. The big beautiful blooming tree in the backyard isn't blooming any more. (we really should find out exactly what kind of tree that is.) It was sudden, overnight....and usually a clear sign that the hot summer and gnats are on their way soon. 

Except, this weekend it got colder....after a slew of thunderstoms and tornado warnings, I was wondering, what happened to the beautiful warm weather? Isn't there that old saying that March "comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb?" I can't really remember. Is it me or Mother Nature that has it backwards this year?

Anyway, enjoy these pictures of a few perfectly beautiful late afternoons over the last two weeks, spent in the backyard with the dogs. 



No comments: