Friday, April 24, 2009

Strange Events and "Useless" Seniors

The last week has been a bit bizarre.... (by the way, I just learned  that "bizarre" has two r's. Like 3 seconds ago.) ....a bit like the Twilight Zone, minus the scary music and 20 story elevator drops. Truly, nothing major,  but several small strange things add up to one weird week. Just to name a few of the strange and unusual things that have been happening the past week:

1. The Braves won a baseball game.
2. My grandparents got Facebook.
3. My home was not under a tornado or severe thunderstorm watch this past week.
4. I learned how to use a sewing machine and it didn't involve an ER visit.
5. I have NOT killed a plant or bought a pair of shoes. (if you know me, this is HUGE)

And to match the theme of the week, I thought it would be a good idea to do an impromptu "I Like Casual Friday Dance" in front of my boss this morning. Awesome. 

Moving on...

My Seniors left this morning for their Senior trip in Orlando. So yesterday, their last day of school before their departure, they were useless....meaning, I wasn't gonna get a thing out of them even remotely academically related. Being the wise and strict teacher that I am, I took them outside and took pictures for the Senior slideshow. Here are a few that I think really speak for the overall personality of the class of 2010. 




In other news, I got a new lens for an upcoming trip to Europe....and while it has a wide range (ahem, Camille), I am very pleased with the results so far. These are of Shiloh in the backyard. She has recently learned that the camera will in fact, not kill her or steal her soul, so she is finally becoming useful and sitting still for pictures. 


I realize that this picture of my back door and porch isn't the best reflection of my house. Please disregard the clawmarks. If you come visit, I will make sure that you only see the pretty doors. 

No comments: